Are you a party go-er or hide from holiday socializing? The holiday season may bring out the best or worst in you. Regardless of your background or state of mind, the holidays are laden with opportunities to mingle and that is good when you are single! Here are five ways to leverage the single mingle options to meet new prospects for the New Year.
1. Hey There Drummer Boy – Holiday Flirting! Have you ever seen a Mae West movie? She was a voluptuous blonde with bedroom eyes and aggressive tendencies who made popular movies in the 1930’s. She made the line, “Why don’t you come up and see me some time?” famous, using that “come hither” voice. Mae was sexy, smart and scandalous at times.
I’m not proposing you create a scandal. But you could vamp it up a little couldn’t you? This is a fabulous way to use your feminine power of allure. Watch the YouTube video on flirting for a few tips and a chuckle.
If you see a man who catches your eye, make It easy on him and strike up a conversation. I recently heard about a woman who met her husband by saying – “I have a beer glass collection – could I have yours?” What you say isn’t so important. All you need is a friendly smile, a sense of humor and a willingness to break the ice. 99% of men will be happy for the attention.
2. Get Out There and Mingle. Go to meetup.com and check out the singles groups in your area having a holiday party. I just Googled “meetup.com + singles + holiday parties” and got a flood of opportunities from across the country. Whoever hosts singles dances in your area will certainly have a holiday party.
Don’t forget about all those potential parties that aren’t just for singles. Remember half the adult US population is single, so wherever you go, either a good percentage will be single or will KNOW other singles. Get to know people because they might know someone to fix you up with. Your number one priority is to get out there! Just like the lottery, you can’t win if you don’t play and the same goes for meeting new people.
3. Take the Pressure Off and Just Have Fun! Okay, maybe you want to meet the man of your dreams and every one at the party is too old/young for you. So? Older people might have children, nephews, neighbors, etc. Younger people might have parents, uncles or business associates who you could meet. If you just smile, act friendly and get to know people for the joy of collecting new friends – you are not wasting time. The more people you know, the better your chances of meeting “The One.”
4. No Parties or Events? Host Your Own! Last minute parties can be great fun! If you don’t have a lot of activity in your area, invite a few friends and make your own party. Get everyone to bring something to minimize the work and make them bring single friends too. This is a fabulous way to meet lots of new people who are already connected to someone you know.
5. Volunteer for Holiday Cheer. One of the best ways to enjoy the holidays comes from the reward of giving. While many adult singles today are super busy,if you’ve got the time, share by helping others who are less fortunate. You’ll meet other volunteers and feel good doing a good deed or two. And when you feel good about yourself – you are so much more attractive which may help if you choose to do any of the previous four ideas.
Photo Credit: Sister 72